Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Little Lost Sock

Some of my yarn came! This one is Lion Brand Sock Ease in Cotton Candy.  Love the pastel blend of colors that is very springy looking. It seems a bit scratchy, but it was inexpensive and one skein will knit one pair of socks.  Hopefully, after a wash and block, they will feel softer.


I was so anxious to cast on these socks because...I have a new set of sock needles!! You can see them in the picture.  They are Knitter's Pride Karbonz.  The set includes sizes 0 to 3.  There were a little pricey, but I must continue to feed my addiction you know.  I really do love them.  They are great!  I had been using Knitter's Pride Dreamz, which are colorful and made of birch.  I loved them too, but there was a problem.  We are currently renovating our kitchen, and everything (including things not in the kitchen) is in complete and total disarray.  In the midst of the disruption, a sock in progress has gone missing, as have the two sizes of double points I was using to knit the foot of the sock.  I have looked in all of the logical places it might be, along with some very illogical locations.  My cute little red sock is not to be found.  Hopefully when the cabinets go back on the wall and the numerous storage bins are emptied, it and the missing needles will reappear.
 
So....in the mean time, I decided I NEEDED some new sock needles to replace the lost ones.  After some research I chose the Karbonz, and so far, I think it was a good choice. 

Before I cast on the socks, I used them for this newborn hat to match the sweater I made for a friend's niece.  This is an adorable pattern that knits quickly and is one piece for those of you that hate seaming (like me). You can find it on Ravelry as "Yoked Baby Sweater".  I just made up the pattern for the hat.  It still needs some buttons to make it complete. I think tiny pewter buttons will be a perfect finish.
 

Today I will press on with the pink sock, and of course look forward to visiting the mailbox as I'm waiting on the rest of my sock yarn order to arrive!  Socks rock!



No comments:

Post a Comment