Friday, March 21, 2014

Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time

I am not a person that stresses very easily.  As a teacher, you just can't be that way or you would definitely drive yourself crazy.  Flying by the seat of your pants must become a daily event.  I love my vacations.  I count down the days until they arrive.  I actually "X" them off of my calendar like I would if I was in jail.  Then....the days get closer....and closer.  Oh my gosh, I have to pack.  I need to know what the weather will be like so I know what to take along.  Oh dear, the weather is warm in the day and cool at night.  I need to take winter and summer clothes.  I need a new suitcase to fit all these clothes into.  My summer clothes are still packed in crates in the attic.  I need to get them down.  I need to get ready to miss work for two days and plan for a sub.  The list never ends.

It really did seem like a good idea when we planned this in January, and I know it will be wonderful once we arrive, but the getting ready seems to take forever. I typically feel this same way about all my trips. I have accomplished a few things so far.  I do have plans ready for my substitute teacher that will be coming next Thursday and Friday.  It has taken me four hours to plan to be out.  Ugghh.  The perils of being a math teacher.  Ha!

This weekend, I must get the clothes out of storage and see what still fits, which is a whole different issue I don't want to talk about.  This means lots of laundry, and probably a bit of shopping to replace things that have "shrunk" while in storage.  Isn't it funny how that happens?

I'm taking on the notion that I can only do one thing at a time.  Tomorrow morning, clothes come out, and things going on the trip get washed.  Tomorrow afternoon I will shop for necessities. (This could get interesting.  What are "necessities"? :))  Wash the necessities upon return home.  O
n Sunday I will begin packing.  We shall see how it goes.  Currently I am making a list and I am not really a list person.  The older I get the more lists I need (another one of those mathematical positive correlations!).

On a side note, I got a new sock knitting book that I'm going to look over tonight. If you paid attention above, you made note that I did not have Vegas planning on the agenda for tonight.  If it is a worthy resource, I will write about it in my next blog.  I also got new sock yarn, and it is very lively!
Soooo exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment